Automated email alerts
Forgot Password



Latest News

Press Kits




FOIL Requests

Latest News Troop D - Oneida

Add Article to My Stuff Print Friendly Version

26 April 2018
State Police Investigating Fatal Crash in the Village of Whitesboro

  Major Philip T. Rougeux
  Troop D Commander


State Police have released more details on the April 11th fatal crash. A witness, along with video evidence from a nearby business, showed Officer Crossley was westbound on Oriskany Blvd when he made a U-turn and began to travel east bound on Oriskany Blvd. Crash Data Retrieval from Officer Crossley’s patrol vehicle showed his speed at the time of the crash was approximately 74 mph and his actions were consistent with that of pursuing a violator who was east bound on Oriskany Boulevard.

The Onondaga County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Officer Crossley’s cause of death was multiple traumatic injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

A uniform traffic ticket was issued Wednesday, April 25th to Nicole R. Moshier-Harris for Failing to Yield the Right of Way, a violation.  No other charges are expected to be filed in this accident investigation.

State Police have released the names of the drivers in last night’s fatal crash.
Officer Kevin F. Crossley, age 34, operating a 2007 Ford Crown Vic patrol car, was traveling eastbound on Oriskany Boulevard.  A 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, operated by 26-year-old, Nicole R. Moshier-Harris was facing westbound on Oriskany Blvd, at the intersection, began to turn onto Westmoreland Road and into the path of Officer Crossley’s patrol car.
The investigation is continuing.

The New York State Police is investigating a two-vehicle crash that occurred just before 8 p.m. tonight at the intersection of Oriskany Boulevard and Westmoreland Street in the village of Whitesboro.

A village of Whitesboro patrol vehicle was struck by a Chevrolet Avalanche at the intersection.  The Police Officer, whose name is not being released at this time, was transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Utica and was pronounced deceased.  The driver of the Avalanche was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in Utica with non-life threatening injuries. 

Details are limited at this time, and the investigation is continuing tonight. A press conference will be held tomorrow to release more details.  A media advisory will be sent through the NYSP online newsroom with time and location of the press conference. 

Related Assets 

Other articles in Troop D - Oneida: