|Latest News >||Troop D - Oneida >|
19 June 2019
Oneida County Man arrested following a physical domestic incident
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
State Police in Herkimer arrested Daniel J. Litz, age 28 from Marcy, NY for the following charges:
• Aggravated Criminal Contempt, a class “D” felony
• Criminal Obstruction of Breathing, a class “A” misdemeanor
• Unlawful Imprisonment 1st degree, a class “E” felony
• Endangering the Welfare if a Child (2 counts), a class “A” misdemeanor
• Assault 3rd degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
On June 18, 2019, at 6 p.m., Troopers went to a residence on Spinnerville Road in the village of Ilion for the purpose of arresting Litz for Aggravated Criminal Contempt, when he barricaded himself inside the residence and then made threats to commit suicide by cop. At 7:15 pm, Investigator Chad Salls was able to persuade Litz to exit the residence where he was placed into custody without incident.
Litz was arraigned in the Town of German Flatts Court and was remanded to the Herkimer County Jail on $40,000 cash/ $80,000 bond.
Other articles in Troop D - Oneida: