NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
State Police arrested Jamal L. Victrum
, age 28 from Mattydale, NY for the following charges:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd degree, class “B” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd degree, class “C” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree, class “D” felony
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 4th degree, class “E” felony
- Criminal Possession of Controlled Substance 7th degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Speeding, a violation
- Failure to Obey a Police Officer, a violation.
On September 7, 2019, Troopers stopped a 2019 Nissan Altima for speeding. As Troopers interviewed the driver, later identified as Jamal Victrum, they observed marijuana on the front passengers seat and ordered Victrum to exit the vehicle. Victrum then sped away and drove to his residence where he was taken into custody without incident. A search of the rental vehicle and the path of the traffic pursuit discovered oxycodone pills, marihuana, and a stolen Taurus .357 revolver which was fully loaded.
Victrum was transported to the Onondaga County Justice Center pending centralized arraignment.
Members of the State Police Violent Gang & Narcotics Enforcement Team assisted in this investigation.