02 October 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
On October 2, 2019, at 12:09 a.m., State Police in Sylvan Beach responded to a home invasion / domestic dispute at 8211 Deeley Road in the town of Vienna.
Investigation revealed Joseph W. Cromp Sr. forcibly entered the residence while armed with a revolver and engaged in a physical altercation with his 22-year-old, son and another adult male. Cromp forcibly removed his son from his residence and returned to his residence at 8143 Deeley Road. The son was able to exit the residence without incident. Initially, Cromp Senior refused to exit the residence but then surrendered to members of the State Police Special Operations Response Team (S.O.R.T) and was taken into custody without incident.
A search warrant was subsequently executed at the residence and numerous firearms were recovered including the pistol used in the crime. Cromp Sr, a convicted felon, was subsequently charged with the following charges:
- Burglary 1st degree, class “B” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree, class “D” felony
- Menacing 2nd degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child, class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief 4th degree, class “A” misdemeanor
Photos below are of residence and weapons including a SAGA - AR Style Rifle, ammunition and RG10 .22 short caliber revolver (used in the burglary)