NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Jeffrey A. VanAuken
Troop C Commander
Members of the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigators seized methamphetamine, numerous illegal firearms and weapons from a home in the town of Union earlier this week.
On April 24, 2022, Troopers from SP Endwell were dispatched to a report of a verbal argument and a report of “shots fired” on Spring Street.
An investigation revealed that Carson J. Vanco, age 20 of Endicott, NY was in possession of illegal firearms, which included an assault rifle and a disguised homemade gun. He was also in possession of brass knuckles, methamphetamine and components to make methamphetamine.
He was charged with the following crimes:
- Four counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the third degree, a class “D” felony
- Manufacturing Methamphetamine, a class “D” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm, a class “E” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the fourth degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the fifth degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
Vanco was arraigned at Broome County Central Arraignment and Processing and remanded to the Broome County Jail on no bail.
The New York State Police reminds residents that it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within five-hundred feet of an occupied building. NYSP also reminds the public that if you know of anyone who possesses illegal firearms, please contact the closest law enforcement agency.