NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
On April 29, 2020, State Police in Herkimer responded to the town of Newport for a reported road rage incident, where a witness reported that one party displayed a gun to the occupant of the other vehicle.
The investigation revealed that Thomas DeJohn stole a firearm from a residence in the town of Fairfield, then drove to a residence in the town of Newport where a road rage incident occurred, exited his vehicle and damaged the other party’s vehicle and displayed a rifle.
DeJohn was subsequently located in the town of Herkimer, where it was learned that he displayed a gun towards several individuals while making threats.
As a result of this investigation, Thomas V. DeJohn, age 18 from Middleville, NY, was arrested for the following:
- Grand Larceny 4th degree, a class “E” felony
- Menacing 2nd degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Reckless Endangerment 2nd degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief 4th degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
DeJohn was arraigned in Herkimer County Centralized Arraignment Court and was released on his own recognizance in compliance with current laws.