17 June 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
State Police in Pulaski arrested Richard A. Denny, age 37 from Harwood Drive Lacona, NY for the following:
- Assault 2nd degree, a class “D” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree, a class “D” felony
- Unlawful Imprisonment 1st degree, a class “E” felony
- Assault 3rd degree, a class “A”, misdemeanor
- Menacing 2nd degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving, an unclassified misdemeanor
- Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd degree, an unclassified misdemeanor
On June 15, 2019, Troopers responded to a domestic incident on Harwood Drive in the village of Lacona. The complainant stated that during a physical dispute, Mr. Denny grabbed her by the hair, and shoved her to the ground. The victim left the residence and began to walk down the road when Denny took a friends vehicle and followed her. He then stopped the vehicle and got out with a knife. Denny then held the knife to the victim’s throat, told her to get inside the vehicle and drove with the victim down Route 11 towards Jefferson County until the vehicle broke down. The victim then ran from the vehicle and contacted 911.
Richard Denny was arraigned in the town of Richland Court and remanded to the Oswego County Public Safety Building on $2,500 cash bail/ $5,000 bond. The victim was transported to Oswego Hospital for a medical evaluation.