16 December 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Philip T. Rougeux
Troop D Commander
State Police in Watertown arrested Joshua M. Connelly, age 35 from North Syracuse, NY for the following charges:
- Kidnapping 2nd degree, class “B” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree, class “D” felony
- Grand Larceny 3rd degree, class “D” felony
- Criminal Contempt 1st degree, class “E” felony
- Menacing 2nd degree, class “A” misdemeanor
- Criminal Obstruction of Breathing, class “A” misdemeanor
- Harassment 2nd degree, a violation
On December 13, 2019, Connelly was arrested after being in a physical domestic incident with a 29-year-old female acquaintance while he was visiting her place of employment in the town of Pamelia. Connelly is accused of throwing the victim against the wall, holding her to the ground and kneeling on top of her. He then threatened to kill the victim with a knife. During the physical altercation, the victim was choked by Connelly and forced to lock all of the doors at the business. The victim was then forced by Connelly to remove the security camera surveillance hard drive from a backroom in an attempt to conceal the crime. Connelly then forced the victim into her vehicle and drive to a Sunoco gas station in the town of Pamelia where she was able to escape the vehicle and run inside the store where she called 911.
Connelly was arraigned in the town of Champion Court and remanded to the Jefferson County Public Safety Building on $10,000 cash bail/ $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in the town of Pamelia Court on December 19, 2019, at 7 p.m.