NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Jeffrey A. VanAuken
Troop C Commander
In the early morning hours of February 21, 2022, troopers were conducting a property check at RMS Gravel on Mott Road and found a vehicle in the driveway. Troopers found Lawrence E. Williams Jr., age 38, (Homeless) inside the vehicle. They also located stolen property from RMS Gravel in the vehicle.
Williams was arrested and charged with the class “D” felony of Grand Larceny in the third degree. He was also charged with the class “A” misdemeanor of Criminal Possession of a Controlled substance in the seventh degree after he was found in possession of suspected illegal drugs. He was arrested and later transported to Tompkins County Central Arraignment and Processing.
A further investigation revealed that Robert H. Predmore, age 29 of Freeville, NY was involved in the crime and with two other previously reported crimes.
Predmore was located and arrested. He was charged with:
- Burglary in the third degree, a class “D” felony
- Criminal Mischief in the second degree, a class “D” felony
- Grand Larceny in third degree, a class “E” felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the seventh degree, a class “A” misdemeanor
- Resisting Arrest, a class “A” misdemeanor
Predmore was processed then transported to Tompkins County Central Arraignment and Processing.
Troopers were assisted by the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Department and the Village of Dryden Police.