NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Jeffrey A. VanAuken
Troop C Commander
One person was arrested during an Underage Drinking Initiative in Delaware County. The initiative took place on September 13, 2022.
Alcohol was sold to a minor at Stewart’s Shops on Lake Street in Stamford, NY. An appearance ticket was issued to the clerk who sold alcohol to the minor.
Eleven business in compliance were:
- Sunoco, Harper Street, Stamford, NY
- Mirabito, Main Street, Hobart, NY
- Sunoco, Route 23&30, GrandGorge, NY
- Roxbury Wine & Spirits, State Highway 30, Roxbury, NY
- Sunoco, State Highway 30, Roxbury, NY
- Sunoco, Main Street, Margaretville, NY
- Margaretville Liquor Store, Main St, Margaretville, NY
- Speedway, State Highway 28, Margaretville
- A&R Country Store, State Highway 28, Arkville, NY
- Fleischmanns Supermarket & Liquor, Main Street, Fleischmanns, NY
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere, Main St, Stamford, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked using a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underage operative(s) who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth (if asked). When asked for ID, they must show their real ID. All New York State driver’s licenses are horizontal if the license holder is over the age of 21l if the license holder is under the age of 21, they are vertical.