NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Todd O. Stratton
Troop C Commander
New York State Police assisted the City of Cortland Police in an Underage Drinking Enforcement detail in Cortland County on December 29, 2020. Fourteen establishments were checked in the City of Cortland.
One unlawful sale was made to an underage operative. Daily Grind located at 22 Main Street in Cortland, NY was found not to be in compliance and made an unlawful sale. Kali A. Labouf, age 26 of Cortlandville, NY was issued an appearance ticket for the ABC Law violation of Unlawful Sale of Alcohol to a Minor.
Thirteen establishments found to be in compliance were:
- Kwik Fill/Red Apple, 162 Homer Ave, Cortland, NY
- North End Liquor Store, 189 Homer Ave, Cortland, NY
- 7-11 Store, 76 N. Main St, Cortland, NY
- South Daily Grind, 180 S. Main St, Cortland, NY
- Speedway, 162 Tompkins St, Cortland, NY
- Byrne Diary, 117 Groton Ave, Cortland, NY
- Groton Liquor Store, 87 Groton Ave, Cortland, NY
- Sunoco, 44 Port Watson St, Cortland, NY
- Speedway, 106 Port Watson St, Cortland
- Crown Liquor Store, 189 Port Watson St, Cortland, NY
- Riverside Liqour & Wine, 166 Clinton St, Cortland, NY
- P&C Fresh, 160 Clinton St, Cortland, NY
- Speedway, 152 Clinton St, Cortland, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain cloths and one or several underage operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth. When asked for ID they show their real ID.