NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Jeffrey A. VanAuken
Troop C Commander
One person was arrested during an Underage Drinking Initiative in Tompkins County. The initiative took place on October 28, 2022.
Alcohol was sold to a minor at Triphammer Wine and Spirits on North Triphammer Road in the town of Ithaca. An appearance ticket was issued to the clerk who sold alcohol to the minor.
Seven business in compliance were:
- Dollar General, Dryden Road, Freeville, NY
- Mirabito, Dryden Road, Ithaca, NY
- Tops Friendly Markets, North Triphammer Road, Lansing, NY
- Smiley’s Citgo, Elmira Road, Newfield, NY
- Manleys Mighty, Danby Road, Ithaca, NY
- Dandy Mini Mart, Slaterville Road, Slaterville Springs, NY
- Dollar General, North Dryden Street, Dryden, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked using a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underage operative(s) who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth (if asked). When asked for ID, they must show their real ID. All New York State driver’s licenses are horizontal if the license holder is over the age of 21; if the license holder is under the age of 21, they are vertical.