19 December 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Brian Shortall
Troop C Commander
New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinking Enforcement detail in Cortland County on December 17, 2019. Twelve establishments were checked in the towns of Homer, Cortlandville, Virgil and Marathon.
One unlawful sale was made to an 18-year-old female underage operative. Gregg’s Market Place located at 30 Cortland Street in Marathon, NY was found not to be in compliance and made an unlawful sale. Kimberly B. Duba, age 20 of Marathon, NY was issued an appearance ticket for the ABC Law violation of Unlawful Sale of Alcohol to a Minor. She’s scheduled to appear in the town of Marathon court on January 15, 2020.
Eleven establishments found to be in compliance were:
- Speedway - 21 South West Street Homer NY
- Walgreens - 3948 West Road Cortland NY 13045
- Rite Aid - 1067 State Route 222 Cortland, NY
- Discount Liquors - 1112 State Route 22 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 3947 State Route 281 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 2964 Webb Road Cortland, NY
- Kwik Fill - 1057 State Route 13 Cortland, NY
- Cortland Beer Depot - 1134 State Route 13 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 3817 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
- Speedway - 3798 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
- Pit Stop - 3742 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain cloths and one or several underage operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth. When asked for ID they show their real ID.