31 December 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Brian Shortall
Troop C Commander
New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinking Enforcement detail in Delaware County on December 19, 2019. Nine establishments were checked in Davenport, Stamford, Hobart and Delhi.
One unlawful sale was made to an underage operative. It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere located at 75 Main Street in Stamford, NY was found not to be in compliance and made an unlawful sale. Colin B. Heath III, age 73 of Stamford, NY was issued an appearance ticket for the ABC Law violation of Unlawful Sale of Alcohol to a Minor. He’s scheduled to appear in the town of Stamford court on January 14, 2020.
Eight establishments found to be in compliance were:
- Mirabito Quickway, 7249 State Route 23, Davenport, NY
- Mirabito Quickway, 15863, State Route 23, Davenport, NY
- Stewarts, 3 Lake Street, Stamford, NY
- Sunoco Country Store, 2 Harper Street, Stamford, NY
- Mirabito Quickway, 1028 Main Street, Hobart, NY
- Mirabito Quickway, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY
- Speedway, 77 Main Street, Delhi, NY
- Sunoco Country Store, 2 Kingston Street, Delhi, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain cloths and one or several underage operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth. When asked for ID they show their real ID.