NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Todd O. Stratton
Troop C Commander
On April 23, 2021, New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinking Initive in Delaware County. One establishment was found not in compliance under the New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, Section 65; Prohibited Sale to a Person Under the Age of 21.
Mirabito Quickway located on Delaware Avenue in Sidney was found not in compliance. An appearance ticket was issued to the person who sold the alcohol to the minor.
The following businesses were in compliance:
- Corky’s Wine & Spirits – Main Street, Sidney
- Smiley’s Convenience Store – West Main Street, Sidney
- Mirabito Quickway – West Main Street, Sidney
- Maria’s Convenience Store – Union Street, Sidney
- Liquor & Wine Emporium – Delaware Street, Walton
- Speedway – Delaware Street, Walton
- Sunoco Country Store – Delaware Street, Walton
- Speedway – Main Street, Delhi
- Sunoco Country Store – Kingston Street, Delhi
- Mirabito Quickway – Elm Street, Delhi
- Mirabito Quickway – Main Street, Franklin
The Underage Drinking Initiative was part of April’s “No Empty Chair” campaign. During Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underaged operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth (if asked). When asked for ID, they must show their real ID.