NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Darrin S. Pitkin
Troop D Commander
On September 14, 2020, at 7 p.m., State Police conducted a traffic stop on Old Liverpool Road in the town of Salina. Troopers learned the driver, later identified as James J. Robinson was wanted on several active warrants in Oswego County and the state of Arkansas.
As Troopers attempted to take Mr. Robinson into custody, he fled the scene. A brief traffic pursuit ensued and ended when Mr. Robinson hit a signpost on Norwood Avenue East and stopped the vehicle, and then fled on foot through several backyards along Buckley Road. Following a foot pursuit, Troopers took Robinson into custody without incident.
James J. Robinson, age 26 from Philadelphia, PA was arrested for the following charges:
- Fugitive from Justice (Arkansas)
- Reckless Endangerment 2nd degree
- Criminal Impersonation 2nd degree
- Obstructing Governmental Administration
- Fleeing a Police Officer in a motor vehicle 3rd degree
- Resisting Arrest
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana 2nd degree
Robinson was transported to the Onondaga County Justice Center pending arraignment.