Major Dennis J. Schager
Troop G Commander
On March 8, 2023, State Police of Cobleskill arrested Benjamin R. Palmateer Jr., 35, of Richmondville, NY, for:
- · Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fifth Degree
- · Criminal Mischief in the Third Degree
- · Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree
- · Criminal Mischief in the Fourth Degree
- · Menacing in the Second Degree
- · Assault in the Third Degree
- · Criminal Obstruction of Breathing
On March 8, 2023, at about 4:39 p.m., Troopers responded to a home in Richmondville, NY, for the report of a past occurring physical domestic dispute. The investigation determined that Palmateer Jr. got into an altercation with the victim earlier in the day. During the argument, Palmateer Jr. caused the victim non-life-threatening injuries, broke a cell phone to prevent them from calling 911, and threatened the victim with scissors. Palmateer Jr. was located at about 8:17 p.m. in Cobleskill, NY, and was arrested for the domestic dispute. While being taken into custody, he was found to possess controlled substances, including Cocaine.
Palmateer Jr. was transported to SP Cobleskill for processing. He was arraigned at the Cobleskill Town Court and remanded to the Schoharie County Correctional Facility in lieu of $1,000 cash, $3,000 bond, or $6,000 partially secured bond.