NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Brian Shortall
Troop C Commander
On May 23, 2020 New York State Police conducted and Underage Drinking Initiative in Tioga County.
Eleven retail establishments were checked and all were found to be in compliance and did not sell alcohol to an underage operative.
The following establishments were checked:
- Dandy Mini Mart – Chemung Street, Waverly, NY
- Fun City Service – West Tioga Street, Spencer, NY
- Mirabito Convenience Store – Owego Street, Candor, NY
- Mirabito Convenience Store – State Route 96 Owego, NY
- Lawlers Grocery Store – State Route 96, Owego, NY
- Kwik Fill – North Avenue, Owego, NY
- Mirabito Convenience Store- North Avenue, Owego, NY
- Citgo Gas Station – Main Street, Owego, NY
- Mobil Gas Station Southside Drive, Owego, NY
- Mirabito Convenience Store, North Main Street, Newark Valley, NY
- Mirabito Convenience Store, State Route 79, Richford, NY
During the Underage Drinking Initiative, retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underage operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth. When asked for ID, the operative is required to show their real ID.