NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Darrin S. Pitkin
Troop D Commander
On September 5, 2020, the New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinking Initiative in the Jefferson County Towns of Watertown, Adams, Hounsfield, and Henderson, and in Oswego County, the Village of Pulaski, and Towns of Richland and Sandy Creek.
As a result of the initiative, the following locations were checked:
- Sunoco – 17942 ST-177, Adams Center, NY
- Stewart’s – 10546 ST-11, Adams, NY
- Mercer’s – 32 East Church St, Adams, NY
- Mobile – 6089 North Main St, Sandy Creek, NY
- Fastrac – 3821 Rome Rd, Pulaski, NY
- Byrne Dairy – 3739 ST 13, Pulaski, NY
- South Wick General Store, – 4832 ST 3, Henderson, NY
- Westcott Variety Store – 13685 ST 3, Sackets Harbor, NY
- Sunoco – 13821 ST 3, Sackets Harbor, NY
- Fastrac – 20852 ST-3, Watertown, NY
The State Police would like to commend these businesses for their compliance during this initiative and is grateful for their support in helping to prevent underage drinking.
The following locations were found not to be in compliance with the laws dealing with the sale of alcohol to persons under the age of 21:
- Adams Center Market – 13306 North St, Adams Center, NY
- R & R One Stop – 7356 ST-3, Pulaski, NY
As a result of the initiative, Mary L. Binion, age 56 from Watertown, NY, and Tara E. Howard, age 38 from Pulaski, NY were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a child 1st degree (PL 260.20). Both defendants were issued appearance tickets and released.