NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Todd O. Stratton
Troop C Commander
On July 21, 2021 New York State Police Conducted an Underage Drinking Initiative in Delaware County. Two establishments were not in compliance under the New York Beverage Control Law Section 65, Prohibited sale to person under the age of 21.
The following businesses were found not in compliance:
- Sunoco – State Highway 30, Roxbury, NY
- A&R Country Store – State Highway 28, Arkville, NY
An appearance ticket was issued to each clerk who sold alcohol to a minor.
Businesses in compliance were:
- Stewart’s Shops – Lake Street, Stamford, NY
- Sunoco – Harper Street, Stamford, NY
- Mirabito – Main Street, Hobart, NY
- Sunoco – Routes 23 & 30, Grand Gorge, NY
- Roxbury Wine & Spirits – State Highway 30, Roxbury, NY
- Sunoco – Main Street, Margaretville, NY
- Margaretville Liquor Store – Main Street, Margaretville, NY
- It’s Five O’clock Somewhere – Main Street, Stamford, NY
During the Underage Drinking Detail Initiative, retail establishments are checked using a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underaged operatives who cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth (if asked). When asked for ID, they must show their real ID.