NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Todd O. Stratton
Troop C Commander
New York State Police have arrested Jeremie G. Hoyt, age 41 and Peleg N. Booth, age 43 both of Davenport, NY on numerous charges after an investigation into child pornography.
On April 28, 2021 New York State Police in Oneonta, members of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and members of the Computer Crimes Unit executed a search warrant at the residence located on Mount Vista Drive in the town of Davenport after a tip received from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
An investigation revealed that both Hoyt and Booth engaged in sexual acts with a child less than the age of fifteen. Hoyt is also accused of possessing and promoting images of child pornography.
Hoyt was charged with the following crimes:
- Use of a Child in a Sexual Performance (C Felony)
- Criminal Sex Act in the second degree (D Felony)
- Promoting Sexual Performance of a Child (D Felony)
- Possessing Sexual Performance by a Child (E Felony)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child (A Misdemeanor)
Booth was charged with the following crime:
- Predatory Sexual Assault of a child less than 13 years of age (A-II Felony)
Hoyt was arrested on April 28, processed and later arraigned virtually. He was remanded to the Delaware County Jail on $50,000 cash bail, $75,000 credit card bail or $250,000 bond.
Booth was arrested on May 10, processed and arraigned at the Davenport Court. He was remanded to the Delaware County Jail on no bail.
The investigation is on-going.