NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Darrin S. Pitkin
Troop D Commander
State Police in Remsen is investigating a two-vehicle crash that occurred on State Route 12 at the intersection of Steuben Street in the town of Remsen, Oneida County.
The investigation has revealed, at approximately 1:19 p.m., a 2018 Toyota pickup truck, operated by Karen J. Seelman was traveling south on State Route 12 beginning to make a left turn onto Steuben when she failed to yield the right of way to a 2005 Buick Century that was traveling north on State Route 12.
The Buick Century, operated by Theresa M. Leggett, was unable to avoid striking the pickup truck on the passenger side, causing it to spin and strike a utility pole.
- Karen J. Seelman, age 54, was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. She was issued a traffic ticket for failure to yield the right of way and for not wearing a seat belt, both violations.
- Theresa M. Leggett, age 25, was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Five passengers in the Leggett vehicle were transported as follows:
- 4-year-old male transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital with internal injuries
- 6-year-old male transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital with internal injuries
- 5-year-old male transported to St. Lukes with internal injuries.
- 6-year-old female transported to St. Luke’s with a fractured leg.
- 8-year-old male transported to St. Lukes with internal injuries.
None of the injuries appear to be life-threatening. The investigation is continuing.