30 October 2019
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Brian Shortall
Troop C Commander
New York State Police conducted an Underage Drinker Initiative detail on Thursday, October 24, 2019 in Otsego and Delaware Counties. One person working at Taylors Mini Mart (Mirabito) located at 472 East Main Street in Oneonta was issued an appearance ticket. The clerk, 19-year-old Clarence W. Vanier was issued an appearance ticket for the ABC Law violation of Unlawful Sale of Alcohol to a Minor. He’s scheduled to appear in the Oneonta City Court on November 18, 2019.
Twelve other establishments were found to be in compliance.
- Sunoco Country Store, 9550 SR 7, Worcester
- Stewart’s, 342 Main Street, Worcester
- Mirabito Convenience Store, 74 Main Street, Schenevus
- Mirabito Convenience Store, 570 East Main Street, Oneonta
- Best Wines & Sprits, 5626 SR 7, Oneonta
- Speedway, 325 Main Street, Oneonta
- Mirabito Convenience Store, 4698 SR 23, Oneonta
- Speedway, 4967 SR 23, Oneonta
- Mirabito Convenience Store, 5178 SR 23, Oneonta
- Mirabito Convenience Store, 7249 SR 23, West Davenport
- Sunoco Country Store, Main/River Streets, Oneonta
- Stewart’s, Main/River Streets, Oneonta
During the Underage Drinking Initiative retail establishments are checked utilizing a trooper in plain clothes and one or several underage operatives who cannot lie about his/her age or give a fake date of birth and when asked, will show their real driver’s license.