NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Michael S. TenEyck
Troop D Commander
On May 5, 2022, State Police arrested Joel F. Santos, age 23 from Watertown, NY for the following charges:
- Use of a Child Under 17 years old in a Sexual Performance (C-felony)
- Possessing Sexual Performance by a Child Under 16 Years Old (E-felony)
- Promoting a Sexual Performance by a Child Under 17 Years Old (D-felony)
- Disseminating Indecent Material to a Minor 1st degree (D-felony)
- Sexual Abuse 3rd degree (B-misdemeanor)
- Forcible Touching (A-misdemeanor)
Santos was arrested following an investigation into an inappropriate sexual relationship with a juvenile female under the age of 17 while he was an employee at a teen youth center at Fort Drum, NY. Subsequent to this investigation, the defendant also possessed over 10,000 images of child pornography on his cell phone.
A Stay-Away order of protection was issued to the victim. Santos was arraigned and remanded to the Jefferson County Public Safety Building on $20,000 cash bail, $50,000 secured bond, and $75,000 partially secured bond.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident can contact NYSP Watertown at 315-782-2112.
State Police was assisted by the U.S Army Fort Drum Criminal Investigation Division.